2023 livestock auction
The 2023 Arapahoe County Youth Livestock Auction will be held live at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds on Saturday, July 29. The BBQ starts at 3pm and the auction starts at 5pm.
Support individual, or multiple, 4H exhibitors with an extra donation for their 4H livestock project. Add-ons can be gifted to all market animal exhibitors registered for fair. Choose the amount you want to gift, starting at $5.
We're here to help! Contact us with any questions you have about the 2023 Arapahoe County Youth Livestock Auction, buyer registration process, and add-ons for exhibitors.
we're accepting bids for the 2023
arapahoe county fair 4-H livestock photographer
The Arapahoe County Youth Livestock Auction Committee is accepting bids for the 2023 Arapahoe County Fair 4H Livestock Photographer.
Deadline: March 1, 2023
fair photographer details
Photographer will photograph exhibitors with their animals during all livestock shows.
- Livestock shows include: beef, sheep, goat, swine, rabbit, poultry, and llama/alpaca
- Candids are ideal with many livestock exhibitors
- 20 candids of each livestock show are required
Photographer will need to take staged photos in front of a backdrop that include the exhibitor with animal and judge for all awards.
- All Grand Champion market winners; with and without belt buckle award
- All Grand Champion breeding winners; with and without belt buckle award
- All Reserve Grand Champion market winners
- All Reserve Grand Champion breeding winners
- All senior, intermediate, and junior showmanship winners; with and without belt buckle award
Photographer will take staged market animal photos in front of a backdrop that will include the exhibitor with their market animal.
- These photos must be 4″ x 6″ landscape for buyer plaque prints
- These photos will be presented to auction buyers during the Arapahoe County Youth Livestock Auction.
- Attention to lighting, focus, and detail is a must.
Photographer will take auction photos of Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion market animals, that include the exhibitor with their buyer.
- These will be used on websites, flyers, and 4-H brochures
- Additional candids are also welcome during this time
- High resolution, landscape-oriented images at least 2,560 pixels wide for website use
- Must be in JPEG format
- No watermark on photo
- Photos will be filedion Dropbox, access will be provided to photographer
- Photo must be labeled in file with exhibitor’s back tag number, list will be provided prior to shows
- ALL photos must be made available following the last show on Friday morning, July 28, or sooner if possible, except for the auction photos
- All Photos become the property of the Arapahoe County Livestock Auction Committee
- Willingness to work with youth and animals
- Willingness to work in difficult lighting situations
- Willingness to edit photos for clarity
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Prompt attendance for all events
- Experience photographing animals is preferred, but not required
You may also submit your experience and cost proposal by mail
Arapahoe County Youth Livestock Auction Committee
c/o Roxie Brockelman
61151 E US Highway 36
Strasburg, CO 80136
support 4H youth
new buyer registration
Complete a separate registration form for each buyer from your organization, company, or household.
Thank you for your continued support of our 4H youth! Because you’ve previously registered as a buyer, we have your information on file and we will mail you your Free Admission Pass prior to Fair. Please contact us if your mailing address has changed in the past two years. You will receive your BBQ tickets and bidder number when you check in at the auction.
buying an animal at auction
When you purchase an animal through the Arapahoe County Youth Livestock Auction, you are not only supporting our 4H youth, you also get to fill your freezer with premium meat.
You have three options for the animals you purchase. Just let us know which option you prefer after you place your winning bid.
If you have a preferred butcher and have secured a processing date, choose the Home option. You will be responsible for transporting the animals you've purchased to your selected butcher.
Choose one of our two local butchers to process your meat - Your Choice Meats in Wiggins, Deer Trail Custom Cuts, or Meat Cleaver in Denver. We'll transport your animals to the butcher immediately after the sale. You are responsible for processing fees and picking up your meat.
If you are unable or would prefer not to process the animal, choose the Buy-Back option. You'll pay the difference between market price and your winning bid.